BY SAM MEIER
- posted 8/14/14
We are excited about a large training event on November 14th featuring top national speakers and a dynamic clergy panel.
Sadly, an eight-year-old child from one of our large parishes recently taught other young Catholic children how to find pornography on an iPad, and how to erase the history.
There are increasing amounts of young children who are being exposed to internet pornography. Staff from Psychologies Magazine reported the results of a survey of 14 to 16-year-old students indicating that nearly one-third of the students had viewed pornography when they were 10 years old or younger. (Psychologies Magazine, Aug. 2010)
Our families need help, and here are the details for this important event:
- Savior Pastoral Center - 12601 Parallel Pkwy. Kansas City, KS 66109
- 7:45 registration and coffee - then 8:30 - 3 pm
- the event will be live streamed for people outside of the Kansas City area
- $20 includes lunch / $7 for live stream
- Inspiring lineup includes: Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann, Patrick Trueman, Dr. Peter Kleponis, Bruce and Jeannie Hannemann, Dr. Todd Bowman, and Terry Sexton.
This critical training event will be filmed by an award-winning videographer and live streamed. Top national speakers will provide clergy and lay-people with practical tools to protect children and families including:
- Top national speakers and practical information on protecting families from pornography
- A clergy panel providing homilies on internet safety and practical tools to help people in the confessional
- Helpful resources for families that have been affected by pornography
National Training for Internet Safety at Savior Pastoral Center
National Training for Internet Safety Live Stream