Office of the Permanent Diaconate
Please pray for the following candidates who are finishing their formation for Permanent Diaconate and preparing for their ordination on June 3rd:
- February 3-5 - Formation Weekend
- March 3-5 - Formation Weekend
- April 7-9 - Formation Weekend
- April 26-30 - Pre-Ordination retreat for cohort 2 (Marillac Retreat Center; retreat master: Fr. Jim Kubicki, S.J.)
- May 5-7 - Formation Weekend
- June 3 - Ordination of cohort 2
- June 9-11 - Formation Weekend
Philip ran to him, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and asked, "Do you understand what you are reading?" And he said, "How can I, unless someone guides me?" And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. . . . Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this scripture he told him the good news of Jesus. . . . And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him.
"Dedicated to duties of charity and of administration, let deacons be mindful of the admonition of Blessed Polycarp: 'Be merciful, diligent, walking according to the truth of the Lord, who became the servant of all.'"
--Vatican II, Dogmatic Constitution on the Church, no. 29 (1964)